Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Is it Criticism or Feedback ?


Is it Criticism or Feedback ?
And Do You agree with this quote ?

"Criticism is something we can avoid easily 
by saying nothing, doing nothing, 
and being nothing."
~ Aristotle



I can agree with the Avoiding because you can CHOOSE to not be around people that are constantly Negative or Critical...  And I can agree to disagree... And I get that the quote when it is saying "being nothing" means to go to the space of just being PRESENT and NOTHING else... hence being Nothing...
Soooo, What I would Like to Address is...
Is it Criticism or Feedback ???
and...
The Doing Nothing...

In my personal Opinion we have a CHOICE to view things said to us as Criticism or Feedback...  Positive or Negative or... as Information in which
we get to Learn, Play and Grow from... and that the informations is neither Good or Bad if you will... It is what it is... Information...

I LOVE feedback as it gives me CHOICES...
I can choose to Learn from the feedback
I can actively implement the feedback
I can say NEXT..

OR... I can
Get Pissy about it
Vent about it
Bite back
etc...

Now it also helps Immensely if the person has learned some skills in the Compassionate Passionate Communication department as well...  
Telling someone they are an SOB is very different then telling them, You know I really don't appreciate that behavior or tone etc...


Now onto the DOING NOTHING:
I think SOCIETY as a whole has gone too Extreme in the 
DO or DO NOT DO... Dept...
(I have written several blogs about it... The Principle of the Both AND... Mentality...)
AND...
I think they both serve a purpose, have a place....
I don't think sitting idle when someone is damaging your career, 
life with vicious
attacks on your name and or reputation solves anything either...
AND...
I don't think CURSING at the person and calling them an ASS
etc... is the answer either....

AND...
I agree that LIFE requires ACTIVE DOING Participation in our LIFES... 
if we are planning on achieving success at anything whether it be:
Health, Wealth, Relationships, Spirituality etc...

No different than the ASK and Receive Principes and Metaphysics...
Truly the whole Principle and Concepts can be debated endlessly...
And the debates would be endless on Faith, Belief, Energy,
Work Hard, No short cuts etc... etc... etc...
AND...
I have Personally seen BOTH ways Work for BOTH 
parties the ones more Western and Logical and 
the ones more Eastern and Spiritual...
So... WHO IS RIGHT ?
I will go back to
It is what it is, based on YOUR Reality and Perception...



Enjoy the Journey...
Another Midnight Production
©CarlyAlyssaThorne

                                          



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the Time to Read our Post...

All feedback is welcome as it gives us the opportunity to Learn, Play, and Grow each and every day...

"We are the Actors/Actresses, Writers, Editors, Producers, Directors, Co-Creators of Our Lives, we can create anything, anytime... Let's Do it." Carly Alyssa Thorne